Caring for your Quality Socks
We hope that you, as our customer, will get a great deal of enjoyment from our socks. To ensure you get the most out of them, here are a few ways that you can do to help keep them in the finest condition.
- All of our socks have a care label on their packaging, please follow these instructions very carefully.
- It is recommended that you wash your socks in cold water together with similar colors and avoid fabric softener.
- Keep them cool! High temperatures can damage the elasticity of your socks. Together with fabric softener which can affect the wicking properties of some socks.
- Do not dry clean your socks or use the tumble dryer; you will end up getting some baby socks instead. High temperatures damage the elasticity of your socks, not to mention that it can shrink them.
- Dry the socks flat, away from direct heat or direct sunlight. Never hang them to dry, as this can cause them to stretch.
- Dry your socks as soon as possible to avoid them developing an unpleasant ‘damp’ odour.
- Socks tend to lose their pair very easily and quickly become single! Try to keep them together when storing. If you keep your socks in pairs you will never be caught with ‘odd socks’
- To avoid damaging the elastic on your socks, don’t scrunch or cram them into a dark drawer. Instead, lay them flat on top of each other and then fold them in half.
- Try to group your socks by colour as placing dark coloured socks and light coloured socks together can lead to transfer of fibres between one pair and the next, leading to unsightly surface effects on either pair.
- Well, we aren’t here to judge but let’s just say that your socks are ticklish and would prefer if you kept you toenails trimmed.
- Excessive wear will occur if you walk around the house in your socks, so always pair them with comfy slippers.
- If you have a style of sock that you particularly like, remember to buy more than one pair. If you do get a hole in one sock, it can always be paired with another sock of the same style.